How the Expansion Draft Simulator works:
You have to select 1 player from each team to create the new expansion team’s roster. You do this by selecting players from the "Available Players" grid.
Available Players Grid
The list of available players can be loaded from two different sources:
What the “experts” think:
- With this option selected, the list of available players will be based on who the majority of the expert users would leave unprotected.
What the fans think:
- With this option selected, the list of available players will be based on who the majority of general users would leave unprotected.
You must adhere to the rules published by the NHL:
- A minimum of 14 forwards
- A minimum of 9 defencemen
- A minimum of 3 goalies
- At least 20 players that have a contract for the 2017-2018 season
- The total team salary must be 60-100% of the prior season's salary cap ($73,000,000)